Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Going to Disney World!

I'm so excited! As most of you know by now, I'm going on vacation starting this Friday, 11/28. We're going to Disney World! I feel like jumping up and down at the thought of a vacation! lol! I love my job but I haven't had a real vacation since before Ben was born. I really need it! :)

Some of you may think we're crazy but Eric and I and our (almost 2 yr old) son Ben will be going along with my brother, sister-in-law (who also happens to be the Deal Finding Mom!), my nephews Jacob and Lucas, my mom and my stepdad. Nuts right? Actually, we all get along really well and I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with the whole family.

After much deliberation, we've decided to drive all the way down. I know, I know, that makes me certifiably insane! lol Actually, we thought driving would be easier on the kids since we can stop whenever we need to and the only people they'll annoy if they scream is us. If we flew we would run the risk of having huge meltdowns on an airplane with nowhere to go. The thought of long layovers wasn't pleasant, either. The other plus is that with gas prices still falling it's becoming relatively inexpensive to drive! Besides that, I personally love road trips! We always used to drive everywhere when we were kids so I love long car rides. We're also planning on stopping at South of the Border - yep, the tourist trap. We used to stop there as kids, too, so it's a little bit nostalgic for my brother and I.

We also rented a large house together and plan on cooking most of our meals to save lots of money. If you'd like more info on how it's possible to afford a Disney vacation in an economy like this, check out my sister-in-law Ronell's post here.

I just can't wait to get there and see Ben experience everything! Actually, Eric's never been there either so I'll get to see both my men experience Disney for the first time. For any of you detractors who think it's a waste to bring a child so young to Disney, I have to disagree. I understand that he probably won't remember any of this trip but this vacation is just as much for us as it is for him. And, anyone who has a two year old knows that they experience the world in a way that we adults never will again so I just can't wait to share that with him. It's completely worth it for me as a parent to see the look on his face and hear him laugh when he sees Mickey in real life for the first time.

Anyway, I hope everyone else has a wonderful couple of weeks and I'll be back to regular posting starting 12/15. It's a pretty safe bet that one of my first posts will be photos of us at the happiest place on earth. :)

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP