I recently was given the opportunity to try Minute Rice's Brown Rice. I've been a fan of Minute Rice for a long time but have never tried the brown rice before. I was always afraid it would taste different and we wouldn't like it but I was pleasantly surprised. It was great!
Why should you eat brown rice instead of white rice? It's healthier! In general, brown rice is less processed than white and has more nutritional content. All rice starts out as brown but the germ and husk are removed to create white rice. During this process some of the natural nutrients are lost. Brown rice is whole grain and according to this article at Associated Content:
...brown rice offers six times as much thiamin, three times as much riboflavin, five times as much niacin, twice as much vitamin B6, twice as much folate as white rice and offers such nutrients as vitamin K and betaine that white rice does not.
Some people say that the taste is different but I really did not notice a difference. I also have a picky 2 year old and he didn't mind it either. I modified one of the recipes on the back of the box to make Teriyaki Chicken and Rice and it was awesome! From beginning to end it took me about 20 minutes to make dinner and only 10 of that was cooking the rice.
I'll definitely be using Minute Rice's brown rice regularly from now on. It was quick and easy and tasted great. If you want even faster, they also have Ready to Serve varieties which only take 60 seconds to make! Great if you're a really busy family, or even to take with your lunch!
Ready to try it for yourself? Minute Rice is offering 5 of my readers a chance to try their products. 5 winners will each win:
(1) FREE Minute Rice product, any variety coupon
(1) FREE Minute Rice Ready to Serve product coupon
Here's how to enter. You must leave a seperate comment for each entry and please make sure your email address is included in each entry:
(1) Leave a comment with your favorite recipe using Minute Rice's brown rice. This one is mandatory to enter the giveaway!
(2) Follow @WanderingPeanut on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway! Make sure to add @wanderingpeanut to your tweet so I can see it. Leave a comment letting me know you tweeted. If you already follow, that counts too so leave a comment.
(3) Fan The Wandering Peanut on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know you did. If you're already a fan that counts too so leave a comment.
(4) Subscribe to or Follow The Wandering Peanut. Leave a comment letting me know. If you already follow of subscribe, that counts too so leave a comment.
This giveaway is open to U.S. Residents and will run until Wed, August 19. The winners will be chosen by Random.org.
If you want to try the products right away, you can print a couple of coupons!
$1.00 off any 2 Minute Rice products
$1.00 off 2 Ready to Serve products
Check out the Minute Rice website for product information, recipes and nutritional information.