Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Meat and Seafood Comparison

I'm trying to make meal planning a regular weekly thing for our family. The best way to do it is to base your menu on the sale items each week. I've always found this kind of a pain because it's a pain in the a** to have all of the circulars out in front of me at the same time to compare prices. Since meats and seafoods are the most expensive ingredient in most of the recipes I use, I thought it would be helpful to type up a spreadsheet where I can compare meat and seafood prices at a glance. Stores and their prices are listed side by side for easy comparison.

Since I was typing it up anyway, I thought I would share it with all of you as well. It's a Google Doc so anyone should be able to view it.

Meat and Seafood Comparison Spreadsheet

A couple of things you should know:

  • Stores listed currently are: Big Y, Stop & Shop, Price Chopper and Shaw's
  • I did not specify brands on this spreadsheet so if you are a loyal Perdue consumer, for example, you may not like this.
  • I did not specify package sizes. Some of these prices may only be good on larger family or value packs. Please take a look at your circular to verify before you get to the store and are disappointed.
  • The prices listed are from my local circular for Manchester or Vernon, Connecticut stores. Please verify prices in your local circular before shopping.
I hope this is helpful! If anyone has another store they would like to add please let me know. I'd be willing to give someone permission to edit the document if you would be willing to add your local store. However, I would like to limit stores added to this document to CT and surrounding states.

Let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Mama Bee said...

Hi, just found your blog thru MomDot under 100 group. I love freebies and good deals, so I'll be following from now on! Have a great week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP