Saturday, July 11, 2009

Stumbling: Brain Games, Facial Hair, Pool Pregnancy and Pandas

I'm a big fan of StumbleUpon and find all kinds of interesting stuff. These are just some interesting things I came across today that I wanted to share:

I have a confession to make. I'm really a video game geek. So, I was thrilled to come across this article that talks about the possible benefits of video game playing on a person's mental faculties.

"...a four-year study of cognitive decline in the elderly — specifically, whether playing certain video games might help slow the effects of aging. The theory is that the strategy, memory and problem-solving skills necessary for mastering certain games may translate into benefits in the real world, beyond a glowing screen computer screen."
So, think twice about telling your kids or husband to lay off the video games. It might just be staving off the memory loss or forgetfulness that comes with age. At least, that's what I'm going to tell Eric next time I play.



Do you like a man with facial hair? I tend to like them a little scruffy but these guys are ridiculous! Check out the winners of the World Beard and Moustache Championships.



Headline: "Pool Got My Daughter Pregnant" Seriously. This mother is suing a hotel because she says that her 13 year old daughter got pregnant by the pool. Not by a boy in or by the pool...by the pool itself. Read the story.


Wanna see what a birthday cake for a Panda Bear would look like? Or, just wanna see some awesomely cute Panda Pics? Click here.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP