Monday, September 22, 2008

What Happened to the Shop Rite Matchups?

I have decided that I will no longer be posting Shop Rite coupon matchups. I've come the this decision for a number of reasons:

I very rarely shop there myself. There are other stores that I shop at and would like to post matchups for, but I can only spend so much time on this. I hope to become a part of Be Centsible's Grocery Gathering each week and they already have someone posting Shop Rite deals. I have decided on Price Chopper, Big Y and Stop & Shop because none of those stores are already represented.

I have to make sure I have time to spend with Ben and Eric and I also work a full time job. As you can see in my sidebar to the left, I've posted a schedule for the Wandering Peanut. It may not seem like much, but it really helps me to keep on task and not waste a lot of time that I could be spending with my son. Here's the whole schedule: Saturday I get a local copy of the newspaper that has coupon inserts in it. I like getting them a day early because I can then spend some of my Saturday entering the week's coupons into the Coupon Wizard. Sunday I post my Price Chopper matchups. Monday I have nothing scheduled. This leaves me lots of family time, or time to post about whatever else I feel like. Tuesday there is no scheduled post but it is my day off from my day job so I take advantage of Ben's naptimes to get the Big Y matchups ready to then be posted for Wednesday. Thursday is going to be a late night for me because I've decided to start posting Stop & Shop matchups. Friday I will be posting personal pics so my friends and family can keep up to date with what we're up to and how big Ben is getting. Saturday I will be spotlighting one of my sponsors. Fri and Sat are both quick posts so this leaves me with lots of non-bloggy time.

I love blogging and love to highlight great shopping deals, but I have to take a step back and make sure that it's not taking away from the rest of my family life. Hopefully, this new schedule will allow me to keep a better balance between the two.

In case you are very disappointed that I won't be posting Shop Rite matchups, please check out the Deal Finding Mom or Sisterly Savings for their Shop Rite deals each week.

I hope you all stay tuned for my first Stop & Shop matchups!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP