Monday, September 15, 2008

Kitty Cat, Anyone?

For those of you that don't know, I work full time as a veterinary assistant. Inevitably, this means that friends, family members and acquaintances call me frequently for advice about their pets, their neighbors pets, their brother's cousin's sister's boyfriend's pets, etc. I'm also the one they call when someone finds a stray. I've acquired 2 cats and 1 dog this way (1 cat has since moved on to another home). So, today I have to say that I wasn't all that surprised when Eric called me at work to tell me that his mother has kittens living in her window (it's kinda like a mini balcony - she lives in an apartment building) and can he bring them home?

Hmmm...we already have a 1 1/2 year old, a cat and a dog. Do we really need another mouth to feed? Strike that...make it 3 mouths to feed! Absolutely not!


But, then again,

How cute are they?! The Torti is a girl (of course - this color only comes in female), then there's 1 boy and 1 girl black and white. I have a weakness for longhair torti kitties so we've decided to keep her. The other two are up for grabs. I'm hoping to find good homes for them very soon. (Please don't email me asking me to ship them to you. Absolutely not!!)

Anyone have any ideas for names? Eric has voted for JupJup. Anyone who has a child obsessed with the kids show Hi-5 like Ben is will get the reference. The rest of you will just think it's a wierd name. If you have a good idea for a name please leave me a comment! We're definitely open to suggestions.


Here she is:

I know - her eyes are all messy right now. She has a virus. We just started treating it today and we have to use an ointment so it makes eyes all goopy. She's cute anyway, right? :)

3 comments:

JusFrugal said...

so adorable! I want the female!! LOL

Lindsay said...

omg!!! They are sooooo cute!!! I'd love one but my two are already a handful :( The torti is beautiful! She looks like a cuddler :)

(ps: What a great job! I'm jealous!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! so cute! I want. I want. I want. Unfortunately, my husbands eyes swell shut when he's around cats so my dreams of being a cute kitty owner get shot down quickly ...

On a side note... I used to have a cat named Jupiter and that's what we called him JupJup ... so I'm with Eric :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP