Monday, October 20, 2008


Anyone who knows my family knows that meals are tough in our house. Partly because I work and Ben goes to bed early so there's very little time for cooking. Mostly, though, it's because Eric and I eat very different things. It's always a joke in our family that Eric only eats junk. He would much prefer to eat cheese and crackers or nachos as a meal instead of the typical meat and potatoes. It's always a struggle to find things that both he and I like.

Starting this week, we've decided to try and stick to a Menu Plan each week for a few different reasons:
1. This will save us a ton of money because I can plan meals around things we have in the house or things that are on sale each week.
2. I won't have to spend as much money on lunch to bring to work. I always bring a lunch but tend to bring a Lean Cuisine or something. Instead, I'll now be able to bring leftovers.
3. I think it's important to have time together as a family. Now that Ben is getting a little bit older and is able to feed himself, we can all sit down and eat dinner together. I think it's important to sit down together as a family at least once a day and would like to continue this as he gets older.
4. By cooking at home we can all eat healthier.

I will only be listing the main dishes I intend to make for dinner. Side dishes will just be whatever I feel like making or whatever we have on hand. Breakfast and lunch are usually the same way.

So, without further ado, here is this week's Menu Plan:

Tuesday: Pomegranate Chipotle Salmon

Wednesday: Shake N Bake Porkchops (this is one of Ben's favorites!)

Thursday: Asiago Chicken Bake

Friday: Homemade "KFC" Chicken Bowls
I plan on layering mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, shredded cheese and gravy and baking until cheese melts and it's heated through.

Saturday: Potatoes Rancheros Casserole

Sunday: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce

Monday: Leftovers - clean out the fridge to prepare for Tuesday grocery shopping.

Make sure you check out I'm An Organizing Junkie for lots of other Menu Plans!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Unique Visitors

Tracking Info

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP